Monday, September 13, 2010

tiff 2010: Conviction


The Toronto International Film Festival started this year on September 9 and I finally managed to see a film this past Saturday. Almost all major films are sold out and luckily I will be seeing a couple thanks to miss DK and her early purchases. If it was left up to me, I would probably be in the rush line and that’s assuming I really wanted to see the film. This is my third year attending TIFF and it is pretty cool seeing celebrities up close and seeing people go all crazy for them (I will make a future posting about my TIFF 2009 experience).


On Saturday I watched the world premier of Conviction. The film is directed by Tony Goldwyn and stars Hilary Swank, Sam Rockwell, Minnie Driver, and Juliette Lewis. The film is based on a true story of a single mother, Betty Anne, who devotes many years trying to get her brother out of prison after being wrongfully convicted and sent to life in prison for the murder of a lady in their neighbourhood. The movie is well done and I recommend everyone to see it. The film has a positive message regardless of the hard moments the brother and sister faced throughout their childhood and the brother's conviction. The acting from all the stars is well done and now I know why there is already some buzz for Hilary Swank's performance in the film and possibly being nominated during the upcoming award season.


I like movies based on a true story, so I guess that is another reason why I enjoyed the film. Plus it didn’t hurt having most of the cast in the same room…several feet behind me. Hilary Swank walked like a foot away from me and wow she is pretty!! I did take some pics and I will post some, but I want to get the better pics from miss DK.

No comments:

Post a Comment