Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lone Star No More

The title of the first canceled show of the new TV season goes to Lone Star. It was the most buzzed about show, the critics’ favourite and most advertise, but it just didn’t attract or click with viewers. The premise seemed interesting and that’s why I picked it as one of my Top Five shows to watch. A small audience tuned in to watched the pilot - around 4.1 million. The second episode only drew 3.8 million…sad! Oh well…goodbye! I tuned in to see The Event, which airs at the same time and that’s why I have yet to see Lone Star….I will watch the two episodes. I have both episodes ready to be watched and I will provide an update later on.
.
. 

Update: I watched the pilot last night and it was alright. It's a layed back drama with no big action. It may seen boring at times and that may have been one of the reasons why viewers did not come back or tuned in to begin with. You have to sit, watch and pay attention to the dialogue to get what's going on and maybe like the show. It may not have a been a good thing for the show to air during the 9pm time slot. Viewers could easily switch channels and start watching something else, like The Event, and forget that Lone Star is on. The show had potential and I'm definitely going to watch the second (last) episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment